Sunday, January 31, 2010

California: Half and Half Tea House (San Gabriel)

Back Blogging #7:

Our last stop before the airport was for bubble tea at Half and Half Tea House in San Gabriel. The allure of honey boba was just too much for me to resist!

Photobucket

We had a bit of a rough time finding the place, but I place that squarely on the gps! Ok…it was really me, I input the wrong address. =( I actually started freaking out a bit, thinking that we might not make it back to LAX in time for our flight, all because of bubble tea.

Anyways, we made it there despite some setbacks! Like most of the places we went to eat this vacation, it was a small cafĂ© tucked away in a strip mall. There were a bunch of people just hanging around outside and some gamers inside playing DOTA (woot gamers!). The atmosphere was easy going and very laid back, I’d go here just to curl up with a book and a cup of bubble tea.

Photobucket

Another one of those infamous pictures where if you squint really hard you can see me in the reflection! …And yes, that IS a penguin hat that I’m wearing.

Photobucket

I ordered a honey boba tea and my boyfriend had an almond boba tea. (Almond Boba tea pictured below)

Photobucket

The almond tea was great, it had a great flavor and wasn’t overwhelmingly sweet. The honey one was a mixed bag. The tea itself was a bit bland, but the honey boba was AMAZING! Heck, if I could just order a cup full of the honey boba itself I would have. They solve the entire problem I have with boba, the tapioca balls are usually just bland and add a chewy textural element to bubble tea. But the honey boba truly had flavor, an attitude of their own! In the end I should have ordered an almond bubble tea with honey boba. ^_^ Next time Gadget, next time!

I also ordered a piece of milk toast (no, it wasn’t called that, but it’s the best description that I can think of).

Photobucket

This was also pretty yummy, like a piece of French toast, just probably slightly drier (not to say this toast was dry, it really wasn’t). I’d kill for some honey boba in the bubble teas here in Florida…


Half & Half Tea House
120 N. San Gabriel Blvd.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
(626) 309-9387
Half & Half Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails