Sunday, January 31, 2010

California: Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (Long Beach)

Back Blog #5:

Our last day in California and there was still a lot of eating planned! The entire weekend was a food marathon basically. ^_^ Anyways, we wanted to check out a Roscoe’s chicken and waffles while we were in the area. Apparently there’s a ton of Roscoe’s about, but we were told to frequent the one in Long Beach. This was also convenient since it was also on our way back to the heart of Los Angeles.

Photobucket

It was a quiet Monday morning when we arrived and the establishment wasn’t terribly busy. The place was really cute though, decorated with lots of chickens. XD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really liked the fireplace they had, but only because there were these pretty pieces of tinted glass in it, in the place of firewood.

Photobucket

To me, putting chicken and waffles together seems like a strange idea. They really don’t seem to go together, especially if you intend to eat your waffles with syrup! So being the traditionalist I am (and also not a fan of breakfast), I simply ordered three chicken wings and a side of potato salad.

Photobucket

My boyfriend on the other hand, absolutely LOVES breakfast, and could not pass up the opportunity to try chicken and waffles!

Photobucket

The fried chicken here is superb, honestly they have the best fried chicken I’ve ever had. So by my tally, this makes California the home of the best crème puffs, udon, and fried chicken so far. The batter tastes great and more importantly the chicken isn’t dried out!

I had a bite of the chicken + waffle + syrup and let me tell you, the flavors did not clash at all like I thought they would. I was pleasantly surprised that the sweetness of the syrup didn’t overpower the taste of the fried chicken, but rather added another enjoyable facet to its flavor profile. I’ve had chicken and waffles together at Gladys Knight’s Chicken and Waffles in Georgia, but this was much better all around.

Roscoe’s taught me to embrace the combination of sweet and savory. Oh Roscoe’s how I miss your fried chicken so! Maybe move on over to the East Coast, South Florida perhaps? Please? =D

Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles
780 E. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
(562) 437-8355
Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Really this is actual nice collection..these all pics is attractive actual nice..beautiful post..thanks for administration here..miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails